PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF CHARLES D. JORDAN, JR.
Real Estate Appraiser & Consultant
Maine Valuation Company – Partner (2014 to Present) An independent commercial real estate appraisal, review and consulting firm providing a comprehensive range of professional valuation products and services throughout Maine. Specialties included bed & breakfast properties, country inns, and marine-related real estate.
Charles D. Jordan, Jr. Appraisals, Inc. – President (1996 to 2014) An independent commercial and residential real estate appraisal, review and consulting firm providing professional valuation products and services along coastal Maine.
Maine Valuation Company – Partner (1996 to January 2006) An independent commercial real estate appraisal, review and consulting firm providing a comprehensive range of professional valuation products and services throughout Maine. Specialties included bed & breakfast properties, country inns, and marine-related real estate.
Camden National Corporation – Appraisal Office Manager & Commercial Appraiser (1992-1996) In addition to opening Camden Appraisal Company for CNC, responsibilities included preparation of both commercial and complex residential appraisals for Camden National Bank, other financial institutions and private clients; and review of internally- and externally-generated real estate appraisals. The geographic area of service ranged primarily along coastal Maine to include Knox, Lincoln, Waldo and Hancock counties.
Scope of Experience
Numerous appraisal assignments have been completed on a variety of property types in Maine including:
- Marine-Related Properties: Boat building & repair yards, wharfs, seafood facilities
- Hospitality Properties: Hotels, motels, bed & breakfast inns, country inns
- Residential Multi-Family: Apartment projects
- Mixed-Use Commercial Properties: All types of mixed-use properties
- Office Buildings: Medical/Professional, Owner-occupant & Investment-grade
- Industrial Properties: Manufacturing, Warehouse, Distribution, etc.
- Special Purpose Properties: Ice rinks, Self-storage, Food Processing, etc.
- Automotive: Auto dealerships, Service stations, etc.
- Restaurants: National chains, Independents, Seasonal
- Land: Commercial, Residential Subdivision
- High-Value Residences: Waterfront, Island and Historical Properties
Real Estate Education
1987 Graduate of the University of Maine, Orono, Maine – BA in Economics.
- An Introduction to Appraising Real Property, Society of Real Estate Appraiser Course 101
- Applied Residential Property Valuation, Society of Real Estate Appraisers Course 102
- Principles of Income Property Appraising, Society of Real Estate Appraisers Course 201
- Applied Income Property Appraising, Society of Real Estate Appraisers Course 202
- Standards of Professional Practice, Society of Real Estate Appraisers Course SPP
- Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, Appraisal Institute Courses 410, 420 and 430
- Highest and Best Use and Market Analysis, Appraisal Institute Course 520
- Advanced Sales Comparison and Cost Approaches, Appraisal Institute Course 530
Maine Certified General Appraiser, # CG 482
Fire Chief – City of Rockland – December 2003 to May 2014
Fire Chief – Town of Freeport