PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF BRYAN J. PLOURDE
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser
Maine Valuation Company. (2013 – Present) An independent commercial real estate appraisal, review and consulting firm providing a comprehensive range of professional valuation products and services throughout Maine. Mr. Plourde is a Partner with Maine Valuation Company and presently operates a satellite office in the town of North Yarmouth, Maine.
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith. (Financial Advisor, 2012-2013) Responsibilities included managing investment portfolios in accordance with financial planning for high net worth individuals, families, and businesses as a sole practitioner; conducting financial needs analysis, recommending appropriate products to meet client needs including equities, fixed income, alternative investments, mutual funds, 529 plans, life insurance and annuities.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. (Financial Advisor, 2010-2012) Responsibilities included managing investment portfolios in accordance with financial planning for high net worth individuals, families, and businesses as a partner in a Wealth Management group; prospecting and delivering sales presentations to current and potential clients, strengthening client relationships.
SafeTrust Financial. (Financial Consultant, 2009-2010) Responsibilities included prospecting, counseling, and delivering tailored plans for financial solvency.
Elite Screen Company. (Operations Manager, 2007-2009) Responsibilities included managing company finances, personnel, customer service and business relationships for a screen, shutters, and window company grossing $7 million in annual sales; responsible for directing new branch of products; increasing annual revenue and operational efficiency.
Belzona Inc. (Executive Assistant to the President, 2005-2007) Responsibilities included defining, forecasting, and managing international and domestic sales, departmental budgets, and incentive plans for sales managers in conjunction with company President; coordinated and participated in frequent travel to the U.K.
CLIENT SERVICES & VALUATION PRODUCTS
The purpose of these valuation services typically involves: purchase and sale agreements; mortgage financing; collateral evaluation; estate settlement; ad valorem taxation; mediation/arbitration; valuation of leased fee/leasehold interests; insurable value/ replacement cost studies; feasibility, marketability, and highest and best use analyses for evaluation & planning purposes. Client services and valuation products consist of Commercial Real Estate Appraisals and Reports; due diligence/research studies; and private consultation. Computer literacy in Word and Excel enhances the analytical and reporting service to clients.
REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
Bryan J. Plourde is a graduate cum laude of Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts with a B.A. Degree in Economics & Philosophy, including studies abroad at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. Bryan held his Series 7, 66, and 31 licenses with the Financial Industry Regulating Authority (FINRA) and has exposure to and familiarity with real estate investment trusts in his prior role as a Financial Advisor with both Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch.
REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
Real Estate Appraisal courses successfully completed to date include:
- Advanced Income Capitalization
- Advanced Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use
- Advanced Concepts & Case Studies
- Quantitative Analysis
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach
- General Appraiser Site Valuation & Cost Approach
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and HBU
- General Appraiser Income Approach Part I
- General Appraiser Income Approach Part II
- General Demonstration Report Writing
- Real Estate Finance, Statistics, and Valuation Modeling
- Residential Sales Comparison & Income Approach
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- 15-Hour National USPAP Equivalent Course
- Business Practice and Ethics
- General Appraiser Report Writing & Case Studies
- Market Disturbances – Appraisals in Atypical Markets and Cycles
Seminars on appraisal methodology, techniques, and regulations have also been attended, such as:
- Advanced Income Capitalization A
- Advanced Income Capitalization B
- Residential & Commercial Valuation of Solar
- Flood Zone Mapping & Real Estate
- SBA 504 Loan Program Overview
- Overview of Appraising Convenience Stores
- Shoreland Zoning Regulation Overview
- MLS Training
- State of Maine Certified General Appraiser, #CG 3564
- The Appraisal Institute, Candidate for Designation
- MA-RI-ME Chapter of the Appraisal Institute (Maine Chapter merged in 2021)