PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF BRYAN J. PLOURDE
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser
Maine Valuation Company. (Appraiser, July 2013 to present) An independent commercial real estate appraisal, review and consulting firm providing a comprehensive range of professional valuation products and services throughout Maine. Mr. Plourde is an Associate with Maine Valuation Company and presently operates a satellite office in the town of Cumberland, Maine.
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith. (Financial Advisor, March 2012 to July 2013) Responsibilities included managing investment portfolios in accordance with financial planning for high net worth individuals, families, and businesses as a sole practitioner; conducting financial needs analysis, recommending appropriate products to meet client needs including equities, fixed income, alternative investments, mutual funds, 529 plans, life insurance and annuities.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. (Financial Advisor, March 2010 to February 2012) Responsibilities included managing investment portfolios in accordance with financial planning for high net worth individuals, families, and businesses as a partner in a Wealth Management group; prospecting and delivering sales presentations to current and potential clients, strengthening client relationships.
SafeTrust Financial. (Financial Consultant, September 2009 to February 2010) Responsibilities included prospecting, counseling, and delivering tailored plans for financial solvency.
Elite Screen Company. (Operations Manager, July 2007 to September 2009) Responsibilities included managing company finances, personnel, customer service and business relationships for a screen, shutters, and window company grossing $7 million in annual sales; responsible for directing new branch of products; increasing annual revenue and operational efficiency.
Belzona Inc. (Executive Assistant to the President, December 2005 to June 2007) Responsibilities included defining, forecasting, and managing global and regional sales, departmental budgets, and incentive plans for sales managers in coordination with company President; planned and participated in frequent travel to the U.K.
CLIENT SERVICES & VALUATION PRODUCTS
The purpose of these valuation services typically involves: purchase and sale agreements; mortgage financing; collateral evaluation; estate settlement; ad valorem taxation; mediation/arbitration; valuation of leased fee/leasehold interests; insurable value/ replacement cost studies; feasibility, marketability, and highest and best use analyses for evaluation & planning purposes. Client services and valuation products consist of Commercial Real Estate Appraisals and Reports; due diligence/research studies; and private consultation. Computer literacy in Word and Excel enhances the analytical and reporting service to clients.
REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
Bryan J. Plourde is a graduate cum laude of Stonehill College in Massachusetts with a B.A. Degree in Economics & Philosophy, including studies abroad at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. Bryan held his Series 7, 66, and 31 licenses with the Financial Industry Regulating Authority (FINRA) and has exposure to and familiarity with real estate investment trusts in his prior role as a Financial Advisor with Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch.
Real estate appraisal courses successfully completed to date include:
- Advanced Income Capitalization
- Advanced Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use
- Advanced Concepts & Case Studies
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach
- General Appraiser Site Valuation & Cost Approach
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
- General Appraiser Income Approach Part I
- General Appraiser Income Approach Part II
- Real Estate Finance, Statistics, and Valuation Modeling
- Residential Sales Comparison & Income Approach
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- 15-Hour National USPAP Equivalent Course: Appraisal Institute, Course #OL-410
- Online Business Practice and Ethics
- Online General Appraiser Report Writing & Case Studies
Seminars on appraisal methodology, techniques, and regulations have also been attended, such as:
- Advanced Income Capitalization A (October 2015)
- Advanced Income Capitalization B (May 2016)
- SBA 504 Program Overview (September 2015)
- Overview of Appraising Convenience Stores (September 2014)
- State of Maine Certified General Appraiser, #CG 3564
- The Appraisal Institute, Practicing Affiliate
- Maine Chapter of the Appraisal Institute